During the boom times many businesses chased every tonne of ore no matter what cost and lost sight of what is required to retain a sustainable business. The fall in commodity prices was a market adjustment that we all knew was coming and businesses have been cost cutting in various phases, speculating each time on whether the market had reached the bottom of the cycle. For most businesses cost cutting has now reached its limit and something different needs to be done. Some are selling while others are closing down their assets. Those that remain are being optimised for survival.
Surviving businesses are looking at how they operate within the new environment and are in a combination of activities, including Mergers & Acquisitions, Demergers, and Project Evaluation as well as in operational optimisation and organisational restructuring.
The AusIMM led Excellence in Mining session will provide the backdrop of where we are as an industry now and how we will look in the near future. We will hear from industry leaders on their personal business success strategies and what we need to do to maintain a sustainable minerals industry into the future.
- Gain insights on the current trends and an overview of the current state of the minerals industry within Australia
- Hear how the industry is responding to the current challenges
- Learn how to maximise your assets and equip yourself with strategies to thrive through the challenging times
- Understand business improvement strategies and opportunities for the future
- Mining Executives
- Technical Department Heads
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineers