A recent IMARC webinar, “Putting Exploration Back in the Spotlight”, highlighted that:
- Reserves are becoming increasingly difficult to unlock
- Many mining and exploration companies have expanded their exploration budget
- There are still challenges of declining grades, resource depletion and deposits becoming deeper
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) figures show that exploration activity has seen a 4% rise in exploration in the September 2018 quarter, pushing spending to its highest level in five years.
By attending the Exploration conference, you will:
• Understand how best to deal with exploration and development challenges
• Learn about cross-border transactions, and what interest international investors have for local projects
• Benefit from presentations specific to exploration and geological opportunities, and innovative exploration methods
In response to both the challenges and opportunities in exploration activity, the International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC) programme has dedicated several new features to these important topics, including keynote presentations from exploration experts throughout the conference, pitch battles and a brand new Core Farm.
HEAR FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS ON EXPLORATION AND GEOLOGICAL OPPORTUNITIES AND INNOVATIVE EXPLORATION METHODS
Geared towards those from a non-mining background, this course provides a comprehensive understanding of the mining cycle; from exploration to planning, extraction through to processing. Attendees will leave with an understanding of concepts and processes, operational practices, essential terminology, and the roles of key personnel.
Putting Exploration back in the spotlight
– Hedley Widdup, Executive Director, Lion Selection Group
– Ian Sandl, General Manager – Exploration, IGO
– Cameron Cairns, Manager Minerals Geoscience, Geological Survey of Victoria
– Richard Goldfarb, Past-President, Society of Economic Geologists
NEED INSIGHTS ON EXPLORATION STRATEGIES AND MINING TECHNOLOGY NOW? WATCH OUR INTERVIEW SERIES
Recommended mining strategies
Board Chair, Development Partner Institute
Managing Partner, Clareo
Will higher copper prices trigger a rise in copper exploration and M&A activity?
What will be the biggest transformative technology for mining over the next 10 years?
Resources Industry Lead
The impact of analytics and data on the mining industry
Mine Vision Systems
AUSIMM PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Attending the International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC) will contribute up to 20 hours towards your professional development (PD).
AusIMM members are encouraged to engage in ongoing professional development (PD) throughout their career. Maintaining current knowledge and skills through PD activities is key to ensuring AusIMM members continue to be the leading professionals in the global resources sector.