Massive opportunities for miners and investors are emerging from future energy with the global growth of renewables and battery storage, making cobalt, lithium and graphite some of the fastest climbing commodities in the world. Mine sites around the world are replacing diesel and gas fired power with large scale solar plants and energy storage, saving not only costs but also the environment.
Recognising the significance of these global developments, IMARC will again include a day long Stream focused on Future Energy Projects & the Renewables Market. This stream will also focus on commodities and technological advancements, and sustainability responses by mining operators.
Key sessions for 2018 you won’t want to miss include:
- What is happening as we go through a global revolution in transport and energy storage trends: a current and possible future perspective?
- Copper, cobalt and nickel: Are these the real winners in the electric vehicle revolution?
- Why, and how, we’re focusing on the development and expansion of copper projects?
- How will lithium suppliers meet its growing demand, and who’s building the mines to extract it?
- Panel Debate: What is going to be the best value option of energy mix, and how will the market service the renewable energy sector?
- Solar and wind projects of the future: Reviewing continued investments, advancements and benefits
- Could Australia become a regional hydrogen export superpower? Positioning Australia as a producer, consumer and exporter of hydrogen
- Mining, minerals processing and renewable energy – how we can make it all come together?
SO WHY ATTEND FUTURE ENERGY?
- Learn about the latest developments in renewable energy and battery storage driving commodity demand
- Hear mining spotlight updates from miners across a broad range of future energy related mineral commodities
- Highlight your thought leadership in clean energy technologies or services to a large global audience of mining companies
- Showcase your future energy related commodity or technology development to investors through a mining spotlight session or participation in our Future Energy and Finance Battle
WHO ATTENDS FUTURE ENERGY?
- Environment, Energy and Operations Managers from Global Mining Companies
- Clean Energy Project Developers
- Clean Energy Technology and Service Providers
- Energy Storage Technology Companies
- Energy Suppliers
- Infrastructure Developers
- Power Generation & Transmission Companies
- Power Retailers
- Technology Companies
- Government Officials
AUSIMM PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Attending the International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC) will now contribute up to 20 hours towards your personal and Professional Development (PD).
It is a requirement of AusIMM membership that individuals engage in an appropriate level of professional development (PD). Maintaining current knowledge and skills through PD activities is imperative to ensuring AusIMM members continue to be the leading professionals in the global minerals sector.