For 145 years, Rio Tinto (ASX:RIO) has been pioneering the production of materials essential to human progress. Our minerals and metals help make modern life work. They are found in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout the home.
Through the products we deliver, and the partnerships we create and nurture, Rio Tinto works to make a difference in local communities and in the world at large. By investing throughout the cycle, we have developed a suite of high-quality, expandable assets that are positioned for decades of premium production. Our organisation is centred on these assets, which themselves are managed through four product groups: Iron Ore, Aluminium, Copper & Diamonds and Energy & Minerals.
Why should investors invest in you?
Our strategy is to create superior value for shareholders by meeting our customers’ needs, maximising cash from our world class assets and allocating capital with discipline.
Stock Exchange Listing:
Bauxite| Copper | Diamonds | Iron Ore | Lithium | Salt | Borate
Stage of Development:
Exploration | Development | Production
Countries of Operation:
Our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. We’ve led the industry in partnerships, with customers in new markets, and with local communities.
Board of Directors:
- Simon Thompson – Chairman
- Jean-Sébastien Jacques – Chief executive
- Jakob Stausholm – Chief financial officer
- Megan Clark AC – Non-executive director
- David Constable – Non-executive director
- Ann Godbehere – Non-executive director
- Moya Greene – Non-executive director
- Simon Henry – Non-executive director
- Sam Laidlaw – Non-executive director
- Michael L’Estrange AO – Non-executive director