ZCCM Investments Holdings PLC (ZCCM-IH) is an investment holding company with significant interests in the Zambian mining and energy industries. The Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) holds directly a 17.25% stake through the Ministry of Finance, as well as indirectly a 60.28% stake through the Industrial Development Corporation of Zambia (IDC). The remaining 22.47% is held by other institutional and individual shareholders. The Company has a primary listing on the Lusaka Securities Exchange, and secondary listings on the Paris Euronext Access and London Stock Exchange.
ZCCM-IH currently has an investment portfolio of 15 companies, including some of the biggest mines in Zambia, such as Kansanshi Mining Plc (20%), Mopani Copper Mines Plc (10%) and Konkola Copper Mines Plc (20.6%). The shareholdings in the 15 companies range from 10% to 100%, with commodities and services that are diversified in nature; such as copper, gold, cobalt, coal, power, telecommunications, limestone, environmental & technical consultancy, financial services and gemstones. A number of business opportunities have been lined up and ZCCM-IH seeks strategic partnerships to bring them to fruition.
Plans & Latest Developments:
ZCCM-IH plans to invest in operating a Greenfield manganese mine in a Joint Venture (JV) partnership and has since acquired a Large Exploration Licence (LEL) in Serenje District. Preliminary exploration works have started to delineate an economical manganese resource that can be exploited to produce 20,000 tonnes of manganese ore per month in the initial stages and steadily ramp up.
Why Should investors invest in you?
ZCCM-IH occupies a very unique and strategic position as an investment holding company, as it holds key minority interests across the mining industry in Zambia.
- Tier 1 Assets
- Strong and clean balance sheet
- Strategic partnerships with world class companies
- Technical expertise & deep industry knowledge
- Established Brand
Stock Exchange Listing:
Copper | Gold | Thermal Coal
Stage of Developments:
Countries of Operation:
Board of Directors:
- Eric C Silwamba SC – Chairperson
- Mateyo Kaluba – Non-Executive
- Yollard Kachinda – Non-Executive
- Pius C. Kasolo – Executive
- Philippe Taussac – Non-Executive
- Paul Chanda – Non-Executive
- Pius C. Kasolo – Chief Executive Officer
- Mavuto Chipata – Chief Investment Officer
- Wabei Mangambwa – Chief Risk & Internal Audit Officer
- Yadika Mkandawire – General Council
- Yendeka Banda – Acting Chief Financial Officer
- Chabby Chabala – Chief Corporate Services Officer
- Industrial Development Corporation (Zambia) 60.28%
- Ministry of Finance (Zambia) 17.25%
- National Pension Scheme Authority (Zambia) 15%
ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc (ZCCM-IH) will be showcasing their mining projects to prospective investors at the International Mining and Resources Conference. Register your complimentary investor pass here.