BHP (ASX:BHP, LON:BLT) is a world-leading resources company. We extract and process minerals, oil and gas, with more than 60,000 employees and contractors, primarily in Australia and the Americas. Our products are sold worldwide, with sales and marketing led through Singapore and Houston, United States. Our global headquarters are in Melbourne, Australia.
We operate under a Dual Listed Company structure with two parent companies (BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc) operated as if we were a single economic entity, which we refer to as BHP. We are run by a unified Board and management.
Our corporate purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. We do this through our strategy: to own and operate large, long-life, low-cost, expandable, upstream assets diversified by commodity, geography and market. We are among the world’s top producers of major commodities, including iron ore, metallurgical coal and copper. We also have substantial interests in oil, gas and energy coal.
Stock Exchange Listing:
Copper | Energy Coal | Gas | Iron Ore | Metallurgical Coal | Oil
Countries of Operation:
- United States of America
Board of Directors:
- Arnoud Balhuizen – Chief Commercial Officer
- Peter Beaven – Chief Financial Officer
- Geoff Healy – Chief External Affairs Officer
- Mike Henry – President Operations, Minerals Australia
- Diane Jurgens – Chief Technology Officer
- Daniel Malchuk – President Operations, Minerals Americas
- Steve Pastor – President Operations, Petroleum
- Athalie Williams – Chief People Officer