Attendee numbers at IMARC have certainly grown since its inception five years ago, primarily from the growth of international attendance. In conjunction with the Victorian State Government and Austrade, a key feature of IMARC is its Regional Developments & Opportunities Stream on day three of the event.
In 2018, a focus on China and LATAM will be obvious throughout IMARC, especially with the level of activity going on in each respective market. Over 100 international Ministers will be asked to attend IMARC this year, and with the ICMM’s Council Meeting taking place on IMARC dates and in Melbourne – international presence and growth will be a major focus on day three of the event.
Key sessions for 2018 you won’t want to miss include:
- Understanding the demands of China, and how to do better business with Chinese organisations
- Chinese outbound investment – where, what, when, and who?
- Panel Debate: Reviewing mining, exploration and development opportunities within top ASEAN countries – what hinders growth opportunities in this region?
- The positive industry impacts of LATAM’s “pro-business” governments: What does this actually mean for international METs, investors and miners?
- International Collaboration Case Study: Fostering innovation between Australia and Chile – how has this been done?
- Why you should consider doing business with us? Highlighting key opportunities for entry, development, and growth from top LATAM countries and companies
- Trends and pitfalls of investing into Africa over the last ten years – what about the next ten?
- Europe: Reviewing top growth opportunities across the region
- Understanding what mining and exploration opportunities exist in Canada, and how to capitalise on these
Political risks facing commodity producing nations and impacts on investment
Managing Director – Emerging Markets
What are the mineral resources like in Saudi Arabia?
Sultan J. Shawli
Deputy Minister for Energy, Industry & Mineral Resources
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Why should miners come to Mexico?
Dr. Israel Gutiérrez
Chief Executive Officer
FIFOMI, Ministry of Economy, Mexico
Outlook for Chinese consumption of iron ore
Greg Guocheng Pan
President & Chief Executive Officer
China Hanking Holdings
AUSIMM PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Attending the International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC) will contribute up to 20 hours towards your professional development (PD).
AusIMM members are encouraged to engage in ongoing professional development (PD) throughout their career. Maintaining current knowledge and skills through PD activities is key to ensuring AusIMM members continue to be the leading professionals in the global resources sector.