With a positive outlook for global commodities, a refocus on exploration and development opportunities, and changing investor and financier sentiment, IMARC’s 2018 program will provide high level market insights into opportunities, challenges and latest developments within exploration, investment and financing of global projects.
Spread across three days of the IMARC agenda, miners, explorers, investors and the finance community will come together within this Stream to discuss macro commodity topics that are influencing micro decision making, financial lessons learnt from the past five years, whilst also having the opportunity to listen to the value proposition of juniors actively seeking investors.
Key sessions for 2018 you won’t want to miss include:
- The macro picture: What are the five commodities that will become more important over the next five years, and why
- The growing demand for new battery metals; but why are they so hard to market and sell?
- Precious metals vs cryptocurrencies: Has this fight for investment directly and indirectly affected the mining industry
- Increased M&A activity within the mining and resources sector: What can we expect over the next 12 – 18 months, and what impact will this have on industry?
- Highlighting key global exploration opportunities, trends and a perspective on the cycle of mineral exploration
- How are mining companies freeing up exploration and development budgets to exploit new reserves, or engaging in acquisitions to feed their exploration pipeline
- The ultimate checklist for juniors – what makes a good story, how to position your value proposition, what investors are looking for, how to reduce your risk profile?
- When you’re a mid-tier miner and everything is a critical asset; top five lessons learned
- Junior miners as the incubators of the industry – but what challenges do they face?
Also, after the positive initial response from last year’s investment battles, IMARC is pleased to bring back into the program its fast-paced and engaging pitching competition; showcasing a range of mining projects, new technologies and clean technologies who are currently seeking investment.
WHY INVESTORS ATTEND?
- Compare projects and companies side-by-side to identify your next investment opportunity
- Keep abreast with the latest global trends, market analysis and insights in mining finance and investment from global market experts
- Learn about lucrative new opportunities for investment in mining exploration and prospecting, production, technology and future energy solutions supporting mining operations
- Network and connect with key deal makers across a broad range of mining commodities and do real, high value business deals
WHY MINERS ATTEND?
- Meet global investors to source finance for your mining project or innovative technology
- Profile your mining developments to a broad range of key mining investment stakeholders from around the world
- Senior Executives of Global Mining Companies
- Financial Services
- Mining Technology Companies
- Commodities Traders
- Metal Producers
- Private Equity Funds
- Equities Fund Managers
- Super Funds
- Pension Funds
- Royalty and Stream Financiers
- Sovereign Wealth Funds
- Debt Capital Providers
- Hedge Funds
- Crowd Funding Experts
- HNWI And Private Investors
- Institutional Investors
- Retail Investors
- Family Fund Managers
There are a limited number of complimentary passes available for investors to attend IMARC. These are reserved solely for buy-side investors whose primary job function is a buy-side role, investing funds directly into the sector. To be eligible you must hold no position of employment at a mining or energy company or a company that provides products or services to the industry.
Qualified buy-side categories include private equity, asset management, investment management, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, venture capital, private wealth manager, family office, mutual fund, pension fund, SOE, private investors and HNWI.
Please note that representatives from investment banks, financial advisories and corporate finance providers are not eligible as they considered service-side.
Click the button below to complete an application form to be considered for an investor pass and our team will notify you as to whether your application has been successful.
AUSIMM PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Attending the International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC) will contribute up to 20 hours towards your professional development (PD).
AusIMM members are encouraged to engage in ongoing professional development (PD) throughout their career. Maintaining current knowledge and skills through PD activities is key to ensuring AusIMM members continue to be the leading professionals in the global resources sector.