Date: Monday 29 October 2018
Time: 9:00am – 5:30pm
Location: Room 215, Level 2, Melbourne Convention Centre
The one day Mining in a Day workshop is geared towards newcomers working in, with or investing in mining; and will provide delegates with a comprehensive introduction to the mining sector, delivered through interactive and practical exercises to maximise attendee engagement.
Following this course, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of operational practices pivotal to the mining industry, be able to apply essential terminology, grasp the concepts and processes involved in mining activities and the roles of key personnel.
- Understand essential mining industry terminology
- Build a greater understanding of operational practices in the mining sector
- Develop a strong grasp of the concepts and processes involved in mining activities
- Understand the activities and roles of key mining personnel
WHO SHOULD ATTEND MINING IN A DAY?
- Those from a non-mining background who wish to achieve a greater understanding of mining operations. In particular, those who are looking to achieve effective working relationships with core mining staff or who have peripheral contact with the mining industry.
- New recruits of mining and mining exploration companies seeking a concise overview of the industry
- Mining equipment, technology and service suppliers
- Investors in mining companies wanting a clear overview of how mining operations work
- Anyone working closely with mining companies needing a strong general understanding of the business of mining
AusIMM Professional Development (PD)
Attending a workshop at the International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC) will contribute up to 7.5 hours towards your professional development (PD).
AusIMM members are encouraged to engage in ongoing professional development (PD) throughout their career. Maintaining current knowledge and skills through PD activities is key to ensuring AusIMM members continue to be the leading professionals in the global resources sector.