ALABC was established in 1989, and today our membership is comprised of leading companies and individuals who are at the forefront of forging business links between Australia and Latin America.
We attract both large and small companies to our membership base and from sectors such as resources, mining services and technology, education, agriculture, manufacturing, transport, and professional services firms. The diversity of our membership reflects the growing trade linkages between Australia and Latin America, and guarantees a strong network of experienced business people who are committed to developing business in the region.
Our purpose is to help our members succeed in doing business in Latin America by providing:
- Important and relevant business information;
- Access to business and government contacts in Australia and Latin America;
- Opportunities to exchange information and ideas, and to learn from experts;
- Lobbying and representation to Government in Australia and Latin America.
We provide a unified voice in improving market access and reducing trade barriers, while ensuring our members have the right information and contacts to increase business opportunities. Learn more about us and the benefits which we provide.
ALABC’s Key Activities
ALABC is committed to providing our members with a range of activities and information which will benefit the growth of their business in the region.
Key activities include:
- Functions and Events – Regular functions are organised throughout the year. These take the form of breakfasts, luncheons and seminars with expert speakers on matters of current interest.
- Major Dinners – Major dinners are held each year in capital city locations. Key note speakers include politicians and leading business people, and members have the opportunity to network with each other while celebrating their accomplishments.
- Trade Missions – ALABC works with government and industry partners to organise trade missions to Latin America. These range from sector specific missions, to more general visits and exhibitions.
- Visitors and Delegations from Latin America – ALABC hosts special visitors and delegations from Latin America on a regular basis. Members have the opportunity to meet with these visitors to expand their network and contact base.
- LATAM News – Published each month, LATAM news updates our members about the latest business and political developments in Latin America. Members can showcase their business achievements in the LATAM news, and/or update other members about the latest company developments.
- Website – Our interactive website allows members to promote their business, and seek advice by asking questions about doing business in Latin America. We update the website on a regular basis with important information about trends and opportunities in the region.
- Australia-Latin America Business Excellence Awards – Each year we recognise the achievements of our members through our awards program.