Mitch Hooke is globally recognised for his in-depth knowledge and strategic leadership in both Australian and global public policy advocacy, and commercial operational practices, spanning over 30 years as a national and international industry leader across the agricultural, food and grocery, and mining industries.
Born of the land, educated in its agricultural ecosystems disciplines at the University of New England, and a pioneer of zero tillage farming systems as an agricultural advisor early in his career, Mr Hooke moved to Canberra where he consecutively served as Chief Executive Officer of the Grains, Food and Grocery, and Minerals Councils of Australia, retiring from the MCA and the International Council of Mining and Metals at the end of 2013.
Mitch Hooke was also concurrently actively engaged in commercial enterprise associated with his public policy career as Senior Agricultural Advisor to a commercial rural enterprise servicing the agronomic needs of grains producers across the Darling Downs in Queensland; and as Non-Executive Director of Elgin National Industries (USA), a Chicago–based private equity company of a global group of companies servicing the mining, minerals processing, and bulk materials handling industries in engineering and construction management and industrial plant equipment.
Mitch Hooke is currently:
• Chairman of Partners in Performance International – a global management consulting firm uniquely positioned across minerals resources, agricultural, industrial manufacturing and services industries.
• Non-Executive Director of GTL Energy Ltd – a technology Co. in the early stages of commercialising a unique proprietary technology to upgrade low rank coals,
• Non-Executive Director of Rex Minerals Ltd – an Australian minerals exploration and start-up development publicly listed company with large scale copper-gold-iron ore deposits in South Australia,
• Independent Non-Executive Director of Grains Producers of Australia – the peak national representative body for Australia’s grain growers.
• Member of the Advisory Board to Micromine Pty Ltd – a leading Australian global provider of innovative software solutions spanning the entire mining cycle (from geological exploration and data management to resource estimation, 3D mine design, planning and production control).
• Member of the University of New England Senior Advisory Group to “provide the UNE leadership with sage advice and uniquely qualified perspectives based on leadership experience and expertise”;
• Emeritus Member, International Policy Council on Agriculture, Food and Trade
• Member of the Winifred West Schools Company – Frensham, Gib Gate and Sturt in Mittagong, NSW
Mitch Hooke was appointed as a Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia (AM) on Australia Day 2016.
Mitch Hooke was raised on a sheep property in Victoria’s Western District and was educated as a boarder at The Geelong College in Geelong, Victoria. He completed a Bachelor of Rural Science and an Honours Thesis in agricultural industrial politics at the University of New England in Armidale, NSW.
Mitch Hooke, Chairman of Partners in Performance, will facilitate a Panel Debate: Raising capital; why this is getting more difficult, and what opportunities are still attracting investors from across the globe? within the Global Market Trends session at IMARC. Download the programme.