As the mining industry embraces Industry 4.0 and other digital disruptors to create mines of the future, its focus on operational excellence and productivity is still very high on the agenda. Such developments, innovations and advancements will be on show at IMARC this year through various thought leadership presentations, case studies and panel debates.
Due to the popularity of this Stream and the industry’s willingness to shift mindset, behaviours and processes to more technological and futuristic operations, the IMARC 2018 Technology, Innovation & Operational Excellence Stream has expanded to three days. Each day will look at Digital Disruption, Operational Excellence and Future Technologies, respectively.
Key sessions for 2018 you won’t want to miss include:
- Digital disruptors in mining and the impact it has, and will have, across our industry – boosting productivity, efficiency and effectiveness
- What’s happened since we embraced smart mining into our operations?
- Mines of the future; what it will look like?
- Keynote Panel: Your Digital Strategy in the Spotlight – this panel will ask mining digital leaders to discuss what is their digital strategy, what they want their strategy to achieve, and how they will change the current way they operate to implement and embrace it
- The Big Data issue: How do we turn the data collected into practical outcomes?
- AI’s place in mining – the debate over its advantages and disadvantages, opportunities and challenges
- Innovation as more than technology; it’s a cultural and behavioural shift
- Integrating all aspects of your mining business; from people, processes and the technologies that drive value
- Panel Debate: Rethinking whole of value chain optimisation vs silo operations, processes and technologies – what will it take to actually achieve this, is it even achievable?
Also, after the positive initial response from last year’s investment battles, IMARC is pleased to bring back into the program its fast-paced and engaging pitching competition; showcasing a range of mining projects, new technologies and clean technologies who are currently seeking investment.
- Take home practical collaboration and connectivity enhancing tools to enhance your mining operations
- Hear from industry leading practitioners about automation, robotics, IoT, connectivity and data analytics and other critical new technology tools – in terms of their development, implementation and positive potential impact on mines of the future
- Improve your mining exploration and operations techniques to reflect best industry practice and maximise the value return of your assets
- Explore the latest thinking around productivity improvement solutions and leading technologies and innovations in this space
- Understand what procurement managers are looking for and how your technology thought leadership can help bring new innovation to the mining supply chain
- Managing Directors
- Head of Productivity
- Head of Data and Data Analytics
- Chief Technology Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Head of Systems Integration
- Head of Innovation
- Operations Leaders
- Head of Technology
- Head of Procurement
- Head of Continuous Improvement
- Systems Engineer
- Head of Automation
- Mining Services
- Mining Technology Companies
- Clean Tech Companies
- Energy Services
- Professional Services
AUSIMM PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Attending the International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC) will contribute up to 20 hours towards your professional development (PD).
AusIMM members are encouraged to engage in ongoing professional development (PD) throughout their career. Maintaining current knowledge and skills through PD activities is key to ensuring AusIMM members continue to be the leading professionals in the global resources sector.